- Gallery Opening Events, generally held on the first Friday of each month, a few of the volunteer roles include greeter, set up and clean up, and refreshments.
- Special Events at Madden Arts Center, such as arts events for kids, entertainment events, and artist presentations, require assistance similar to the gallery opening events.
- Performing Arts Series for Students hosts six to seven morning performances for school children at Kirkland Fine Arts Center during the school year. Volunteers are needed to greet bus loads of students and usher them to their seats
- Arts in Central Park, an annual art fair held the third weekend of September, has volunteer opportunities that include information table, kids art activities, artist hospitality, as well as set up and load out.
- Corks and Forks, our annual April fundraising event, is most successful with help on the planning committee, along with set up and clean up on the day of the event and various tasks during the event.
- Brew Ha Ha, a fundraiser held annually in September, has many of the same needs as Corks and Forks.
All year long, we are blessed with volunteers who provide us with hundreds of hours of assistance on these programs among others. If you'd like to join us, please call 217-423-3189 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xmas ARTicles is a great example of the dedication of our volunteers...
The effort that our many ‘workshop elves’ put into getting this year’s Xmas ARTicles Holiday Shop up and running is tremendous. Of course, there was the regular gallery crew...
- Cindy Duncan
- Miguel Durban
- Shari Schinzler
- Bill Sly
- Steve Young.
But, it is such a big job that we had to bring in some extra ‘elves,’ including;
- Cheryl Bradley
- DiAnne Evans
- Becky Gauble
- Kathy Gresham
- Barb Hodges
- Jan Kelsheimer
- Elaine Mayberry
- Gwen Montgomery
- Pat Riley
- Betsy Tietz
- Marlys Wessels
- Martha Wiegel
This doesn’t include the folks who helped at the gallery opening and Christmas Walk!